January 9, 2013

Flower Flourish Window Card

I think this is the best card I've ever made.  At the least, it's one of my favourites (and so will be staying with me for now).  And I made it out of a mistake.

This was supposed to be a medallion card.  I'd cut out Spellbinders Medallion 4, only I did it wrong (I made this a few weeks back and can't remember what went wrong with it).  In order to not waste the cardstock I cut out the shape entirely, not sure how I'd use this large window card.

Then I got some ideas.  I ran through some other dies and got the idea for this card.  With the dies still on I inked the flower with white ink and the leaves and flourishes with metallic green ink.

I cut a strip of parchment paper and stamped Thank you! and put a butterfly to cover the tape spot (I used vellum tape, which was supposed to be invisible but wasn't.  I'd wanted the butterfly at the top of strip not the bottom). 

Voila:

Supplies:
Cardstock: Recollections, parchment paper
Stamp: Stampendous - Proud Peacock
Spellbinders Dies: Medallion 4, Aster Flower Toppers, Jewel Flowers and Flourishes
Ink: Versa Magic white cloud, Encore ultimate metallic green
Jolee rhinestone

2 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Very cool window card!!

patty said...

That is gorgeous! I think it's my favorite so far, too!