February 7, 2013

Papertrey Ink Thank You! card

It occurred to me that I should do something nice for Papertrey Ink for being so generous, so I decided to send them a thank you card.  This isn't the first project I did with their stamps so I remembered to condition the stamps with an eraser, hence, the crisp inking on the flowers and sentiment.


It was also my first time using the largest die from the Spellbinders Decorative Labels 8 set.  I forgot to put in the wax paper, and so had some trouble getting the die off without ripping the cardstock.  Luckily some careful prying got the paper loose.  Alas, I didn't think to ink the edges before removing it, so it doesn't have the crisp lines such sponged ink outlines usually do.  It ended up looking a bit more distressed than I'd planned, but it's fine.

I stamped the flowers (Daydreamer) and sentiment (Think Big Favorites 2) in Papertrey Ink Royal Velvet, with green Crayola marker for the stems and grass.

The butterfly is from the Beautiful Butterfly Die collection.  I inked the edges with PTI Winter Wisteria ink (the same as the card base).  I thought it needed more, so I went around the edge with an Atyou Spica glitter pen and then used glitter glue on the body and wings.  

Here's a close-up:

No comments: