January 30, 2014

Butterfly Window Screen Card

I made this card following the video for Papertrey Ink's Make It Monday challenge to make a window screen card.

I wanted to do something a little different, so I made my window using 4 wing tip to wing tip butterfly die cuts.  Since the butterfly design wasn't obvious, I used a different die from the same set (Beautiful Butterflies die collection) and alternated it upright and upside down several times to make the die cut panel in my patterned paper.

I stamped some flowers from the Daydreamer stamp set in complementary colours around the frame, cut my parchment screen and layered them.

At this point I realized I didn't have room for a sentiment and my frame was quite large, so I took two of the die cut butterflies I'd used to help space the frame cuts and glued them together.  I added a sentiment - also from Daydreamer - and glued the butterflies to the card.  I finished it off by adding 3 mini flowers.  They're officially for nail art, but I thought they'd word well as rhinestone substitutes.


No comments: