February 6, 2014

Sexy Cupid Valentine

I made this card for 2 challenges.  I haven't done a Kenny K challenge for a while, so I coloured the sexy cupid image while watching TV earlier this week and whipped up the rest of the card today.  It's going into their Love challenge.  I added a few hearts so I could also enter it in Simon Says Stamp's Heart challenge.

 The cupid was coloured with pencil crayons, including highlights done with metallic pencil crayons (which are fantastic).  I added some glitter gel pen to the wings for a tiny bit of sparkle (it doesn't work over pencil crayons, so the wings are mostly pencil crayon free, just a little silver for shading).

I die cut a Spellbinder's heart to go behind her, and die cut an edging on my black patterned/embossed paper.  I wanted her to aim at something and so made a heart shaped rosette (with a die I got for Christmas).

I may go back and write 'Be Mine' or something equally cheesy on the heart.  Or not.

3 comments:

Laura Sterckx said...

Pretty card! The colors look great and so does the design! The doily heart is so pretty! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog!

Stacey said...

Great card with fabulous colouring. I think either with or without a sentiment in the heart it is perfect.
Stacey S
Kenny K Core4

Hello said...

Fabulous card, love the beautifully coloured KennyK image and the layout's fab too. Thank's for joining in with our challenge and we hope to see you again next time.
Huge Hugz,
Lorraine Team A{ll that}