September 4, 2014

Books, Bonbons and Wine Card

I made this card for a friend I hadn't seen in ages.  I'm submitting it to Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday Stamp-It Challenge.

I started out by stamping the image on a piece of white cardstock then die cutting it out.  With the die still in place I inked the background with a dark blue ink.  I then coloured the image with markers.  I picked the colour scheme to match her former apartment, where she had a big orange couch and dark blue walls.  It sounds strange, but it looked fantastic.

I wanted to use a variegated thread I bought, and so threaded it between and around the holes of the die.  I didn't have my full layout in mind or I'd have had it end in the middle at the bottom with my charm, rather than at the side where it's so close to the faux bonbons.  I tied the string into a series of loops and glued it in place with a piece of shrink plastic.  The plastic has a box of bonbons stamped on it in black ink and coloured with permanent markers, then shrunk down with a heat gun.

For the bonbons, I used metallic cardstock and punched a circle, trimmed on the bottom and three squares with rounded edges.  For the main bonbon I added a paper rosette underneath then put them all into brown crepe paper I coloured brown with a copic marker.  I finished them off with some dimensional glue on top.

I glued everything on my blue cardstock then added a few finishing touches: glossy accents to the wine glass and liquid applique to the slippers (this puffs up if heated once dry, making them look fuzzy).


3 comments:

Karin said...

I wish i had a body like hers and could do what she's doing!

Teresa Kline said...

hi Jessica! super cute card, fabulous coloring! I am thrilled you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday StampTember Challenge!

sparkle & shine *~*

Patricia Johns said...

Makes me hungry even looking at it! So cute!