September 5, 2014

Look Who's Turning 1 card

This is a card I made for my nephew who turned 1 recently.  I'm submitting it to Simon Says Stamp's Stamp It Challenge.

I started out by carefully stamping a corner stamp all the way around the card, masking it so I could make a full frame (you can see one spot where there's no blue dot between the shapes and another with 2 hearts meeting, showing where the stamp didn't do quite what was needed).  I stamped the hanging moon and stars, and the presents, then started colouring all the shapes with markers.

I stamped the sentiment and ran over the 1 with blue glitter glue and the large moon with yellow glitter glue.  I finished the card by attaching the panel to a piece of light blue cardstock.


2 comments:

Caryn said...

Very very cute - love the bright colours.
Thanks for joining in at Simon Says Stamp STAMPtember Challenge!
Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Patricia Johns said...

The bright colors remind me of Caillou--in a good way! It's that sweet, bright childhood experience kind of feel. Very nice.